Monday 25 January 2010

Happy Birthday Mum xxx

Hi There...I hope you love the image I have used on my Mum's birthday card as much as I do, It's a digital image from Whimsy Stamps and can be found here. The image has been  drawn by Crissy Armstrong and is being sold on behalf of the American Red Cross disaster relief for Haiti. Please take and look and spend a few pounds to not only have an amazing image, but be able to make a little difference.




This is one of the only cards I have ever made WITHOUT any patterned paper. I think the image is enough on it's own with the vibrant if muted colours.  I have decoupaged the tail on her...

I have a huge selection of glitters and mixed up a colour which went beautifully with the salmon pink on the tail and mane.

I have used Copics to colour her in and some glossy accents to highlight the leaves on the harness.The flowers are Painterley Petals from Prima and the centre roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I have taken the stem of the roses and wound it around a cocktail stick to get the curls which I think are really delicate.

Anyway Happy Birthday Mum, Thanks for looking

Hugs

Jo XX


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Jo! This is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for supporting our cause and for letting me know you created a card! It's lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin